Psalm 19:9-14

The fear of the Lord is pure, enduring forever.
The ordinances of the Lord are sure and altogether righteous.
They are more precious than gold, than much pure gold;
they are sweeter than honey, then honey from the comb.
By them is your servant warned; in keeping them there is great reward.
Who can discern his errors?
Forgive my hidden faults.
Keep your servant also from willful sins;
may they not rule over me.
Then will I be blameless, innocent of great transgression.
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight,
O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.


WALK YOUR WALK

A humorous greeting card showed a grotesquely thin cow wandering in a barren desert. The skinny cow was meant to illustrate "where nonfat milk comes from." The logic of the cartoon, of cource, is entirely unscientific. Nonfat milk is not produced by nonfat cows!

The idea, however, reminds me of D.L. Moody's comment: "Most people talk cream and live skim milk." If our hearts are spiritually underfed, we will produce "skim milk" Christianity. Our lips may utter spiritual-sounding words in prayer, worship, and conversation, giving the impression of "top-grade cream." But the reality is revealed by what is consistently produced in our lives. How can we live cream and not just talk it? David grappled with this in Psalms 19. In verses 12-13 he was honest with himself and with God when he asked to be cleansed from secret faults and presumptuous sins. Beyond forgiveness, David knew he needed God's continuing strength and help to harmonize his walk with his talk. So he earnestly prayed, "May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord my rock and my redeemer" (v. 14). In our walk, let's move from skim milk to cream by being open, honest and prayerful. OUR WORDS AND OUR DEEDS SHOULD SAY THE SAME THINGS.
-Jonie Yoder

Comments

gallery804.com said…
Yes I accept your idea of heart,thanks.

Popular Posts