My Prayer

Father, sometimes my prayers to you seem to go unanswered, or they're answered in such a way that I cannot recognize the answer. Sometimes the answer comes years after the request, sometimes the answer is just "no". When that happens I can only assume you have heard me and I must go on in faith. Often however; the problem is within me. My faith is shakey,and though I want my prayers answered, sometimes I doubt they will be. I'm insecure about about my worthiness, afraid I have asked too much or offended you in some way, for I know how weak I can be. How foolish of me! I am your beloved child and you take great pleasure in giving me good things when I ask in faith.

Make me bold, make me strong, help me believe. (Mk. 11:24) help me also to seek you faithfully Lord. Whether or not I am seeing those rewards you promised. I know you provide good things for me . What I don't see today, you may provide another time. (Heb. 11:6) help me seek you in faith for all my needs, mighty God.

And let me reach out to people who do not believe in you. I need to share all you have done for me with people with hurting hearts. (Mk 16:15-16) Thank you Lord that my faithfulness does not depend on my abilities. I try with all my might to be faithful, Yet I can still end up in an awful mess. The good things I start often end up wrong. I hold fast to the things I should let go of and avoid things that would help your kingdom grow.

How wonderful it is Lord, to know that as I face fears that feel like death, that kill joy, as I stay obedient to your love, you will bring good things to me. I need faith to see blessings instead of fears. (Mk. 4:40) I praise you for the faithfulness, that is part of your perfect nature. It never changes or leaves me helpless. Thank you for that faithfulness Lord. May it keep my heart and soul as I follow you today. (2Tim. 2:13).

Comments

Carissa said…
This is so beautifully written. Thank you for sharing.
Anonymous said…
Wow, that resonated with me, even choked me up a bit. I needed that. Thank you.
Unknown said…
Wow it seems as though this was written for me! Thanks for sharing.

Popular Posts