USE ME LORD!

Lord, give me courage to be true to you in all I say and do. Give me your love to keep me sweet to everyone I chance to meet. Give me your power to keep me strong. Grant me your presence all day long. Give me the faith that all may see how very real you are to me. Give me wisdom to choose the best. help me perform each task with zest. Give me vision to see your plan use me, Lord, wherever you can. Anon.

I believe the Lord, was speaking, to me when I started writing, these letters that I have written. Max Lucado, wrote a little book, that I use in my devotions, called (God's Inspirational Promise Book), in it he gives scripture, NCV (Rom. 12:2, Do not change yourselves to be like this world, but be changed within by a new way of thinking. Then you will be able to decide what God wants for you. You will know what is good and pleasing to him and what is perfect). 

I'm praying for wisdom, and that I have Gods blessing, so then as scripture says, "His word will not go void". I think we have a tendancy to start taking God for granted, and putting him on the back burner so to speak. But God wants first place in our lives, because he wants to bless us. I finally realized this in my own life, I was putting other people, and things, ahead of God. And God started dealing with me about it. At first I wasn't listening, but God does have a way of getting our attention. Also from Max's book (The Applause of Heaven) "What is necessary is still what is sure", God confides. "Just remember you'll go nowhere tomorrow that I haven't already been". "Truth will still triumph... "The victory is yours... A place of permanence in a world of transition). 

 Now I realize that there's a sense in which we know we're imperfect. We still err. We still stumble. We still do exactly what we don't want to do. And that part of us, is according to scripture "being made holy". But when it comes to our position before God, we are perfect. As long as we strive to live our lives according to his plan for us. NKJV (Jer. 29:11, says,"For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace not of evil, to give you a future and a hope). But as born again Christians, we all have a responsibility, to watch for the signs of the Lords, return. In CEV ( Luke 21:25-28, says, "Strange things will happen to the sun, moon, and stars. The nations on earth will be afraid of the roaring seas and tides, and they won't know what to do. People will be so frightened, that they will faint because of what is happening in the world. Every power in the sky will be shaken. Then the Son of Man will be seen, coming in a cloud with great power and glory. You will soon be set free"). CEV (2 Tim. 3:1-5, says, "You can be certain that in the last days, there will be very hard times. People will love themselves and money. They will be proud, stuck up, rude, and disobedient to parents. They will also be ungrateful. godless, heartless, and hateful. Their words will be cruel, and they will have no self-control or pity. These people will hate everything that is good. They will be sneaky, reckless, and puffed up with pride. Instead of loving God, they will love pleasure. Even though they will make a show of being religious, their religion won't be real. Don't have anything to do with such people). Does that sound like today or what?. 

The purpose of the Bible is to proclaim God's plan and passion to save his children. That is the reason this book has endured through the centuries... It is the treasure map that leads us to God's highest treasure, eternal life. Compared to God's part, our part is miniscule, but necessary. We don't have to do much, but we do have to do something. Write a letter, ask forgiveness, confess, call Mom, visit a neighbor, feed a hungry person, pray, teach. We must do something that demonstrates faith. For faith with no effort is no faith at all. Taken from Max Lucado's book (He still Moves Stones). Also God's word says in CEV ( 2 Chron. 7:14 says, "If my own people will humbly pray, and turn back to me and stop sinning, then I will answer them from heaven. I will forgive them and make their land fertile once again. I will say it again God wants to bless us, that's his pleasure, but he does expect us to acknowledge him as our savior, to more than just our church friends. Each of us has a ministry and if we are not using it we may lose it. He won't ask more of us than we are able to handle. We may not know what to do, but we should do something, anything, as long as it honors God. God may still be working on and perfecting, many of us right now for his service.
A Prayer
Humility Versus Pride
James 4:6
When the world makes pride look good, Lord, remind me
that your grace is for the humble. I turn aside from many
"pleasures" in this world with a sigh, thinking I've lost out
on something, but your word reminds, me that those who
resist you and your will, are the real losers. Thank you for
offering grace, in increasing amounts. Encourage me in
humility, that I may draw closer to you.
In Jesus`name Amen!

Comments

Popular Posts